Natural Storage Basket 1
- Good For You: Kazi products are handcrafted by skilled African women earning fair wages to create one of a kind goods that will transform your space.
- Good For The Environment: Made from locally harvested plant fibers then skillfully dyed and woven by hand, these products have a virtually carbon free manufacturing process.
- CO2 Emissions: 1.3 kg (2.9 lbs).
- CO2 Emissions Savings: 0.3 kg (0.7 lbs) vs. conventional alternative.
HANDMADE AFRICAN BASKET FROM UGANDA
Ready to be amazed?
This gorgeous piece is a true work of art. Use as an exquisite accent decor or centerpiece for any tabletop or as an eye-catching fruit basket. This shallow bowl with handles is also the perfect size for animal toys, your favorite hobbies supplies or to roll up blankets to sit next to a couch. The possibilities are truly endless!
A must have for every home decor enthusiast or someone looking to give a unique gift for birthday's or wedding's.
Each of these breathtaking designs was handmade by a talented woman in rural Uganda. They use the raffia plant and banana fibers to weave them together.
- Approximately 18”D x 6” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in rural Uganda this one of a kind piece takes days to complete.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down: shake and tap to release crumbs and residue.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid major temperature changes when possible or moisture build up.